How to choose which Water Geyser is best for Hard Water
Published on : December 30, 2021
As the Covid situation is easing out, stepping out of the home is inevitable, which makes you prone to dust, pollutants, and disease vectors. These days, it is almost a norm to cleanse oneself after returning, even if you come back from a short stroll in the park.
For a satisfying hot water bath, it is recommended to choose a reliable and technologically advanced geyser water heater that ensures a complete and safe hot water bath for you and your family. Market is flooded with geysers of multiple capacities along with different specifications – types of tanks, the shape- vertical or horizontal, storage capacities, energy efficiency ratings, etc. Sometimes, it can be confusing to select the water geyser as per your needs.
To make it easier, here are some key parameters to be considered while choosing your geyser.
1. Energy Efficiency: The higher the BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) star rating, the more energy efficient the geyser. You should ideally prefer a 5 star or a 4 star rated product, this can optimize the energy usage and have a positive impact on your electricity bill.
2. Quality of tank: Glass lined tank is recommended, as it prevents corrosion in hard water conditions thereby increasing the durability of the appliance. You should also look at a minimum warranty of 7 years on a tank. A.O. Smith Water Heaters come with the patented Blue Diamond Glass Line technology which offers superior coating for a longer life. Additionally, don’t forget to check the service capabilities of the brand you are opting for.
3. Shape of the product: Depending upon the ceiling height and space available in your bathrooms, you can choose the shape of your geysers- Vertical, Horizontal or a Square. For higher ceiling heights, you can choose a vertical round product or a square one, depending on your preference. For shorter ceiling heights (9 feet), you can choose the horizontal oriented geysers. These geysers can also be installed in the false ceilings in your bathrooms.
4. Family Size: The number of people using hot water shower at peak hours helps determine what size of water heater is suitable for you. Typically, for a family of 2-3 people 6, 10 and 15 liters should be okay. For 4 people or more, 25 liters and above is recommended.
5. Weather Conditions: Weather is an integral factor to consider while buying a water heater. As for the weather, keep in mind the climate of your region. A region with moderate temperatures, say where minimum is 15 degrees, 6 and 10 liters temperature water are sufficient. In a colder area, where the temperature goes below 15 degrees a larger storage size is needed, 15 / 25 or even larger capacity is recommended. If you are living in extremely cold places or hilly areas, 50 liters capacity is recommended.
6. Additional Features: These days some brands have come up with Wifi features in Water Geysers, that enables you to operate your water heater anytime or any place through smart apps. Further, through the app, you can set the timing when you want your hot water to be ready through the week. Some apps help you customize the modes of hot water requirements, like shower bath, bucket bath, washing clothes, washing utensils, etc.
To conclude, while making your choice, keep the above factors in your consideration. Choosing the product goes a long way in providing you a seamless bathing experience. Happy Bathing!