Hygiene starts with you – taking baths, washing hands regularly, and keeping our surroundings clean. It is especially important considering the times that we are going through. But that’s not all, and it is equally important to eat healthy food and maintain proper digestion and bowel movement. All these aspects rely on one core necessity – Pure and Safe Water.
Well, the answer, according to many experts, is a BIG YES!
Diseases related to inadequate water, sanitation, and hygiene are a huge burden for developing countries.
The WHO study in 2004 estimated that 88% of diarrhoeal disease is caused by unsafe water supply and inadequate sanitation and hygiene . “The most predominant waterborne disease, diarrhea, has an estimated annual incidence of 4.6 billion episodes and causes 2.2 million deaths every year,” estimated another WHO study in 2010 .
Clean water is needed to hydrate our bodies and helps with digestion, and some might also say it helps us sleep better. Some studies claim that drinking hot water in the morning can help with bowel movements . Even some governments promote the importance of bowel movements in their public health publications . If the colon is cleaned, then the nutrients of the food eaten will be absorbed.
Water intake differs with our body types, diets, and lifestyles. The universal rule of eight glasses a day is simply not applicable to everyone. We should drink water BEFORE we feel thirsty and observe our bodies by listening to them.
Dry lips, headache, and tiredness are a few indications of inadequate water intake . Adequate water intake is very important for good health. What is equally important is the quality of the water we drink. Therefore, we must be very careful when selecting a water purifier.
1. A.O. Smith RO Water Purifiers for home provides 8 stages of water purification to give baby-safe, pure drinking water. A. O. Smith Electric Water Purifiers have a 1-year comprehensive warranty* and free water purifier installation for wall mount and under the sink models. Some of its models, like P6, P7, Z8, Z9, and Z1, provide instant hot purified water for your needs. Be Sure, Be Safe!
1. Water, sanitation and hygiene links to health. Facts and figures. World Health Organization, Geneva, 2004.
Available at http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/publications/facts2004/en/index.html, accessed on 17 June 2021.
2. WATER FOR HEALTH – WHO Guidelines for Drinking-water Quality, World Health Organization, Geneva, 2010. Available at https://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/WHS_WWD2010_guidelines_2010_6_en.pdf, accessed on 17 June 2021.
3. SAY YES TO WARM FOR REMOVE HARM: AMAZING WONDERS OF TWO STAGES OF WATER! Suchita Patel, Jinal Patel, Mona Patel and Prof. Dr. Dhrubo Jyoti Sen* European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research. Available at
https://www.ejpmr.com/home/abstract_id/220, accessed on 18 June, 2021
4. Bowel health, Government of Western Australia. Available at https://www.healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Bowel-health, accessed on 17 June 2021.
5. Public knowledge of dehydration and fluid intake practices, BMC Public Health, 2018. Available at https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12889-018-6252-5, accessed on 17 June 2021.
*Terms & Conditions apply